With the world’s growing focus on sustainability and the sale and purchase of sustainable products, brands, retailers, and manufacturers are now interested in reducing cost, minimizing impacts, and reducing emissions.
Some manufacturing operations will use significant water to produce products and materials. This presents opportunities to measure, assess and reduce consumption, saving costs, reducing discharge, and to minimise environmental footprint.
It can be challenging to find resources to conduct interior improvement projects in an active manufacturing operation, and an independent third-party provider can add value.
Eurofins Sustainable Water Usage and Stewardship Audit Services
Improvements in water management can deliver significant cost and stewardship benefits to the business. To support our customers in achieving this Eurofins has developed a sustainable water usage and stewardship audit.
The Eurofins audit will enable a better understanding of the water use and stewardship within the business and develop an improvement strategy.
The scope of the audit will cover
- Validating extraction and discharge licences
- Creating a detailed inventory of the water use
- Reviewing water distribution infrastructure and maps
- Identifying the main water-using operations
- Assessing metrics and measurement techniques
- Creating a mass balance of incoming and outgoing water
- Reviewing current water management practices
- Identifying water sources and assessing sustainable options and local impacts
- Assessing the current use of recycling technologies
- Assessing the use of local water meters on equipment or departments
- Benchmarking water usage against industry standards where metrics permit
- Assessing incoming and outgoing water quality where necessary
- Where an in-house effluent treatment is present and additional review may be required
The audit will cover many Alliance for Water Stewardship standard elements and provide a foundation for potential certification.
When Eurofins team has completed its assessment, it will create a report that provides a benchmark for future improvements and supporting strategies for cost savings, shaping operational activities, and shaping improved stewardship behaviors. The report can support progress toward marketing claims and provide credible metrics for customers.
Eurofins Contact details
Find out more about Eurofins services today
Why Eurofins Sustainability Services?
Specialist experience in leather, textiles, paper, packaging and plastics
Multiple testing facilities
Complete package from biodegradability to toxicity impacts and plant response
Can be linked with the microplastic analysis of degradant