Materials such as textiles, leather, plastics, glass, metal, paper, and wood are chemicals. All manufactured consumer products, clothes, shoes, furniture, bags, electronics, cosmetics, cleaning products, and cars are chemical in composition. With a total reliance on chemistry, the chemistry used must be safe and considered to minimise the impact on human and animal life and the ecosystem.
Sustainable chemistry encompasses the design, manufacture, and use of efficient, effective, safe, and more environmentally benign chemical products.
When considering chemicals in supply chains, there are multiple potential impact and concern areas. This would start upstream at the initial chemical manufacturing processes and continue to use chemicals in manufacturing to the consumer use and end of product life either to disposal or into an upstream reuse model.
Chemical testing services
Eurofins has an extensive range of tailored chemical testing services to support the business community select and assess sustainable chemistry. Knowledgeable chemical experts provide these services to help navigate the challenges of improving your chemical footprint and avoiding harmful substances.
- Chem-MAP chemical manufacturer certifications
- ZDHC compliance programmes
- MRSL testing of chemicals
- Biobased content of chemicals
- Biodegradability of chemicals
- Life Cycle Assessment of Chemical manufacturing and use
- Vegan verification of chemicals
- Allergy assessments
- Toxicological assessment of Chemicals
- California Proposition 65 services
- Chem-ST smart chemical testing
- Emissions testing
- Green Product Assurance
- Chemical Management Audits
- Chemical Management Training and Awareness programmes
- Chemicals in microplastics
- Chemicals in Biodegraded materials
- Testing for PFAS (Poly and Perfluoroalkyl Substances)